It's Tuesday, that means it's time for the next binder in our Tuesday Tutorial Series. This time it's all about recipes. If you're like me, you probably have a number of recipes whimsically pinned on Pinterest, or printed out and sitting in a pile somewhere waiting for the perfect time. A binder can be an awesome solution. This is the place to keep all of your favorite recipes, the new ones you want to try out, and the ones you only use occasionally. This binder is so simple to create it barely qualifies as a tutorial. 😊
Here are the supplies you will need:
1. 1.5" Binder - If you've been following this series you know what I'm about to say. The one I'm using here is...the Better Binder from Staples. You know all the reasons why I love 'em! And as always, go ahead and save a little money and use a binder that you may have lying around at home if you like. Recycling for the win! Do make sure that it is strong enough to hold a lot of paper.
2. Sheet protectors. These are optional, but can really come in handy when cooking to keep your recipe clean. If you spill anything, it will wipe easily off of the plastic sheet.
3. Optional items - a fun sheet to put in the front cover for inspiration. And, a more practical addition is the Kitchen Equivalents that I keep inside for reference.
4. The last item you will need to create this binder are sticky label tabs. These come in all sorts of sizes and colors. The can be labeled officially, or handwritten. These are available in most office supply aisles in your local store.
Now that you have your supplies at hand, you're ready to put your recipe binder together.
1. Gather up those printed sheets and put them each into a sheet protector.
2. Separate those sheets into the categories that make sense for you and your family.
3. Write those categories onto a sticky label and place it on the top sheet for each group.
4. Put everything inside your binder - and don't forget to label that spine.
Now get cookin'! I'd love to hear what YOUR favorite recipe is in the comments below. 😋