Each Tuesday in May I'm going to dive into a different type of binder that you can create which will save you time and money in the future. They are all ones I personally use and love. So, let's jump in!
Today, I'd like to introduce to you my Coupon Binder. I'm sure you're familiar with this concept. But, my version is different in scale. I find that having a small 1-inch binder allows me to hold all of the coupons, and easily take it with me on the go! No more wasted time looking for "that coupon that came in the mail" or "shoot, I left that coupon at home!" Perhaps you don't use coupons. This type of binder can also be useful to hold a variety of gift cards. Some folks out there have a lot of these...you know who you are! :-)
Here are the supplies you will need:
1. A 1" binder. My favorite are the Better Binders from Staples. They lay flat and are simple to open with the button on the bottom. (no more pinched fingers!) You can choose a fun color, and slide a bit of paper in the front, if you wanna get fancy! Mine is the Better Mini 1" D-ring binder in teal because it makes me happy. Don't forget to label the spine too.
2. Sheet protectors in a variety of sizes. The amount you will need depends on you. I started with a couple of packets. Be sure to get these in the same size as your binder.
3. Sticky label tabs. These come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. They can be found in the office supply section of most stores. The stickiness is very handy if you ever want to change or move a label.
4. **This one is optional.** A plastic 3-hole punched binder envelope to keep in the front. This can be used if you want to just bring a few coupons with you instead of the entire binder. It can usually fit inside a purse.
Now you're ready to Put. It. All. Together!
1. Sort all your coupons (or cards) into the categories you use most. I like to save the coupons that I get in the mail throughout the week, then sort them 1x/week on Sunday. Now I'm ready for the upcoming week, and can remove any that have expired.
2. Label your sticky tabs with your chosen categories. Place them along the edge of the sleeves.
3. Stuff all those money-saving coupons into their sleeves!
4. Congratulate yourself on being super organized, saving money and time!