Storage spaces are valuable tools in our lives and can be true time and energy savers when used efficiently. Start by making a plan for creating and using your storage spaces to make life easier.
1) Make a list of the categories you need to store (holiday decorations, seasonal clothing, keepsakes, etc.).
2) Make an inventory of available storage spaces (under the bed, closets, garages, etc.).
3) Account for the sizes of storage spaces and any restrictions (for example - garages might get damp).
4) Assign each storage category to a space.
5) Use durable storage containers and group like items together. Help yourself locate items later by making sure to label these!
**Extra credit if you're nerdy like me: Keep a list of where each category is stored for future reference. This is only in case you think there MAY be a slight chance you won't remember in 6 months...just sayin'. 😉
Remember, you don't need to have enormous closets or attics in order to organize your home. Use what you've got!