Today's challenge is all about cutting down on kitchen clutter. Cooking and baking are so much easier when the kitchen is organized and free of clutter. Here are a few tips that will help make meal preparation so much easier!
1. Store things that you use infrequently, like Christmas cookie cutters, with the holiday decorations instead of in the kitchen. If you only use them once a year, they don't need their own drawer.
2. Use wall space for hooks and towel holders to save counter or cupboard space.
3. Keep necessary and frequently used items within arm's reach to save yourself time.
4. Make recycling easy and efficient by using a dedicated bin.
5. Store less frequently used appliances in the least accessible cupboard, or even out of the kitchen. For example, if you only use a coffee maker when guests arrive you don't need to have it on the counter all the time.
Below is a photo of how I made use of tip #2 using hooks to hold our oven mitts. This change freed up an entire drawer. What is one item that you can remove or relocate in your kitchen?