Have you ever thought that you just can't get organized because you've tried in the past without success? Fear not!! There are multitudes of methods for organizing homes and reducing clutter. The key is to find the one that works best for YOU. Don't be afraid to try new ways if something is not working. Sometimes, several methods used together will be the best approach. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1) Timer tidy: set a timer for 5-10 minutes and remove clutter (a great family activity!).
2) Rewards: a clean and orderly house on Saturday means a day at the park.
3) Morning minutes: spend 10 minutes each morning readying the home for the day. (this also works well done in the evening for those with more energy at night!)
4) Empty spaces: remember it is OK to have empty spaces in your home.
5) Trading: when you bring a new item into the home, decide which item could be traded out so you can avoid accumulating clutter.
6) Planning: before bringing anything into the home, plan where it will be used and stored.
The challenge for today is to try out one of these methods that may be new to you. Share in the comments which number you could try out today! I like #1, because you have an excuse to stop when it goes off. :-)