I am excited to share the news that I have completed the training to become a licensed Sunday Basket® Workshop provider!
The Sunday Basket® is a great system to keep track of your papers, errands, and schedule. In this 90-minute workshop, I will provide you with the materials and instruction to get your Sunday Basket started. You get to bring any size basket, box or bin full of your actionable/to-do papers to get organized.
The registration fee is only $30. Click the link below to get all the details and sign up!
I look forward to seeing you soon at a workshop!
Show of hands....who has too much paper clutter in their life? I'm raising both of mine. This is definitely a problem we all have at one time or another. Here are 3 quick strategies for minimizing and controlling the paper coming into your home:
1. Recycle anything you don't need/want immediately. Do not pass go, drop it directly into the recycling bin before you even bring it into the house!
2. Go electronic. Sign up for e-delivery of statements, online auto-pay for bills, and even electronic subscriptions. This will eliminate a ton of papers.
3. Use a command center. This is the home where papers can live while they are pending. This is where you can keep current projects, upcoming bills, and other to-dos.
Now I'm off to collect the mail, and check off #1. ✅
It's that time of year again...the dreaded tax season. Why must we call it a season, that word should be reserved for happier times, like Christmas! So, are you ready? If not, don't stress, you can get started right now with just a few steps. You've got this!
1. Decide - Choose whether you will meet with a tax preparer, or file your taxes yourself.
2. Schedule - If you will be meeting with someone, now is a great time to schedule that appointment. Or, if filing yourself, set aside time on your calendar.
3. Gather - Grab an empty folder or a large paper clip will do, and begin gathering all of those important papers and receipts to keep them together. Now, when it is time to meet with your tax accountant, or file yourself, you will be ready.
Many times I have shown the desktop file box that lives on my kitchen counter. But, what if piling papers is your jam? You definitely should use the system that works best for you. I want to share a new product that I recently discovered. It is called the Pendaflex PileSmart. I am trying this out in the paper bin that I keep on my desk. Why not have the ease of a pile of papers, but still have categories to help you quickly find what you need. You can also label the sleeves with the categories that work for your life. If you are a "piler" maybe this product could help save you some time and aggravation! Reply in the comments with a 1 if you may give this system a try, or 2 if you are a happy filer.
Happy Wednesday! Here is a question for you...
Do you have a drop zone? I'm talking about a command center, or the place you put all the stuff in your hands when you walk in the front door? Where is this place? Did you intentionally choose it, or was it happenstance?
With a little focused planning this space could become your best time-saver! This spot should be convenient, easily accessible (visualize dropping things right in), and have room for all your essentials. Things that might live here include a basket for papers/mail, a bowl or hook for keys, a phone charger, and a spot for your workbag or purse. Once you have chosen this zone, you will always know where to find these items when you need them.
Here is a pic of my own drop zone. This spot is at the end of my kitchen counter. It is a straight shot from the garage or front door. :)
Where is your drop zone? Please share in the comments below!
Shred those sensitive, but no longer needed, documents that are sitting around taking up valuable real estate. Everybody has some.
Office Depot is offering a deal for 5 lbs. of free shredding through 4/29. Go there....right now!
Left to their own devices, papers could take over the world. I am here to help make sure the papers don't win!
What can you do with all those confidential papers that you are ready to let go of? You don't want to recycle them, but there is too much to shred yourself. Confidential Data Disposal to the rescue!
A client recently used this great service to eliminate many boxes of private papers. They were on time, fast, and economical. Highly recommended!