Do you ever feel like a Family Circus cartoon at the grocery store? Zigzagging up and down the aisles, crisscrossing the store as you discover items on your list that you already passed? There is a better way! Have you ever tried sorting your grocery list based on the area, or aisle of the store? This process does require some work up front. But, it will save you time and money on all your future shopping trips. No need to retrace your steps, and maybe impulsively purchase unnecessary things. Here are a few steps to try the next time you sit down to write out your list.
- Choose which store you will be using.
- Think about the layout of the store as you physically walk through it. I like to think of this as "virtual shopping".
- Write down the sections of the store as you come upon them. Some categories could include:
*Produce, Frozen, Dairy, Meat, Canned/Dry Goods, Baking, Snacks, Beverages
- Leave some room beneath each category for your needed items to be filled in. Pen and paper works great here. Or, there are also a multitude of apps which can make this a snap. A couple of my favorite list-making apps are Cozi and Wunderlist.
- Write down your needed grocery items beneath each category.
- Head to the store!
- As you shop the store, take note of any additional categories (and their location) that you may have forgotten. You can add these to your master list.
- Voila! You now have a customized grocery list laid out by location. Use this for future shopping trips and save yourself time, money and frustration.
December is the time of year that I choose my new calendar/planner for the upcoming year. I'm sure you will not be surprised to hear that I get really happy looking through all the options and selecting a fresh, new planner. I love the potential and world of possibilities waiting inside them. Am I alone here? Does anyone else out there love choosing a calendar/planner for the new year? Or, maybe this is the year that you would like to give a paper calendar a try for the first time. I can help with that. 😃
Simply Organized NW is having its first giveaway!!! I found a beautiful 2018 Recollections Creative Year 12 Month Spiral Planner that I would like to give away to one interested reader. It ticks many boxes that I look for in a calendar/planner...functional, fun decoration, and small enough in size to be portable. Check out the photos below!
If you would like to be entered into the drawing to win this lovely planner, take ONE or more of the following actions, and let me know in the comments that you're interested!
1), share this post
2), tag a friend
3) comment with what you look for in a paper calendar
The winner's name will be randomly chosen on Friday, December 15th at 11am and notified via Facebook message. I will happily mail this planner out to the lucky winner next Monday!
I'm looking forward to hearing from YOU!
With Christmas right around the corner, today is a great day to assess the things currently in your home. Are there items that could be donated to folks that would love them? Why not take a little time now to open up space for new items that you may be bringing in at Christmas. Too busy to donate? There are many resources that will come to you to pick up those items from your doorstep. Northwest Center is just one example you may want to check out. Go to http://bigbluetruck.org/ to schedule a pickup. 😊