Thursday Thoughts: National Preparedness month is wrapping up. Have you done something to be a little more prepared in case of an emergency? 🚨 Any day is a good day to help future you! FEMA is a great resource for getting started. https://www.ready.gov/. The high priority tasks that I recommend include...
• 1. Creating an emergency kit for your home and vehicle. I can help with that! 🙋♀️
• 2. Making a plan with your family for where you will meet up and have a phone number for an out-of-state contact if possible.
• 3. Training your family (and yourself!) on how to turn off utilities.
• 4. Preparing supplies for any pets you have.
• 5. Keeping at least a half tank of gas in your car in case of evacuation.
Have you done any of these tasks? Do you have another one to share? Let’s help each other to be prepared! ✅
What’s keeping you from achieving your goals? Perhaps it’s a simple obstacle that can be avoided. For me, locating and choosing my workout gear each day was taking long enough that I would delay my workout and sometimes skip it entirely. I know, that sounds like a dumb excuse, right? Yep, you’re exactly right. But, it was enough of a barrier that I was using it to procrastinate doing the thing I already didn’t want to do.
So what is the solution? In this case batching the decision-making was the answer! I wanted to get in some type of workout each day so I laid out 7 outfits and literally bundled them together. Now they live in a dedicated drawer in my dresser. It’s super simple to grab a bundle and get dressed in the morning. Then I’m ready to go! This process only needs to be done 1X/week. Guess I’ve outsmarted myself for the moment. 😜
What decisions could you batch together to save yourself time and get your home or schedule organized? Please share in the comments!